Friday, May 25, 2007

Watcher's Council Results, 5/25/07

The Council has spoken! A complete list of results can be found at the site of our fearless leader, the infamous Watcher of Weasels

I'm gratified - and honored, really, given the level of the writing talent in this particular group - to note that for the second week in a row, my fellow Council members chose to distinguish my humble efforts. This week's winner is:

J O S H U A P U N D I T: Israel faces its choices in Gaza in which I examine Israel's dilemma when faced with ongoing rocket barrages and terrorism from its `peace partners' and outline a strategy to deal with the problem.

One of my fellow Council members asks if the political support exists in Israel for the solution I envision. I would assure him that the support exists, but the leadership does not..which, of course is one reason among many that the Olmert government is so unpopular. But then, I expect expect Israel's leadership to change for the better relatively quickly.

I would also remind interested parties that this is not simply Israel's problem, and ask them to consider that (a)this is a major front in the War on Jihad, directed against one of our major strategic allies and (b)virtually every tactic used by Islamic fascism to attack civilian populations world wide was first field tested in Israel.

Both of these factors have major implications for the US.

In second place was Right Wing Nut House: MUSINGS ON A LATE SPRING AFTERNOON Rick Moran's very well written cry of despair on the current political situation. I would only say, optimistic guy that I am, that often the old garbage needs to be cleaned away before something new replaces it.

I have faith in the common sense of the electorate, and in any case, events will not allow us to lapse into a defeatist, isolationist slough. America has survived much worse before.

For non-Council, I'm pleased to see that my own choice for first, TigerHawk: On dehumanizing the enemy in war and the nature of victory was the winner.

This is a must read for the members of Joshua's Army, and explains the psychological attitude we are going to need for victory in this conflict. What's more, remembering the nation's attitude after 9/11, that attitude still exists...provided we have leadership wiling to channel that justified rage and commitment into victory instead of telling us that our enemies' creed is peace and to calm down and go shopping.

In second place for non-Council was another fine entry by my blogpal Robert at Seraphic Secret: The Inbetween War In it, he likewise analyzes the Gaza situation and uses it to arrive at a conclusion many of you have seen expressed on these pages time and again - that there is no way to eliminate Islamic terrorism or al-Qaeda without confronting the nation-states that support, fund and harbor it.

Hearty Kudos to all the winners!

No comments: