Friday, December 16, 2011

Christopher Hitchens, RIP



Christopher Hitchens has died, after a long battle with esophageal cancer. It's ironic, in a way that Hitchens might appreciate that someone so known for his rhetoric and speaking ability would finally succumb in this way.

Hitch was a long time pillar of the Left who became demonized after 9/11 because he split off from the Left's orthodoxy in two places...he realized the danger of Islamic fascism after 9/11 and he actually had the nerve to think that Saddam Hussein was evil and deserved to be removed, whatever the reason.

His brother Peter has a far better tribute to him than I could muster. I'll just say that we have seen the passing of a brilliant intellect, one whose brilliance I could appreciate even those times when I disagreed with him.

RIP

please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

No comments: