Friday, September 11, 2015

The Council Has Spoken!! Our Watcher's Council Results

http://primitivehebrews.org/_Media/pasted-file_med-2_med.jpeg


The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week's Watcher's Council match up.

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice." - Charles de Montesquieu

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - CS Lewis

"Supposition all our lives shall be stuck full of eyes; For treason is but trusted like the fox, Who, ne'er so tame, so cherished and locked up, Will have a wild trick of his ancestors." -William Shakespeare


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEina3R_XxvxeOwQVqlMgRYhedtwhUavZ5xrgIXsSZGszA0cz2TcIW2R2DAdZ4n1zyd6dgt2rGlauzUe11rMHc2TP6Xn5msqTNK0REO85RFHp8G9QtYRJy5Hw1XCPZOwgVdQXhAi2g/s1600/Joshua_Dali_Sun.jpg

This week's winning essay,Joshuapundit's Joshuapundit-The Tale Of The Swine . It's just a little fable - and a warning - I found very apropos given what we're hearing from certain people these days. Here's a slice:

Once there was a tribe of wild pigs who lived in a remote area of the woods.

As anyone who's spent time around pigs will tell you, they are by no means the most unintelligent of animals, and these pigs had learned to adapt quite well to their circumstances. They had fashioned dens and had gradually learned to piece together a tribal law that allowed them to work as a group when necessary to ensure an adequate if not over generous food supply, care for their young and defend themselves against any natural predators. In their little corner of the woods, they were pretty much the dominant species, and were reasonably content.

One day, a pig named Andy went missing. The others searched for him throughout their part of the forest, but they were unable to find him no matter where they looked. Andy's fate became a major topic of conversation among the pigs. It was totally unheard of for one of them to simply disappear like that.

The pigs didn't quite keep track of time beyond the seasons, but still by their reckoning it was some time before, to their astonishment, Andy reappeared as the leaves were turning color.

The pigs were ecstatic to see their lost tribe member returned to them..and even better, in what appeared to be rip roaring good health.

Most of the wild pigs tended to lose some weight as the weather started to turn colder and food became scarce and harder to find, but Andy was sleek, fat and obviously had been living, if you'll pardon the expression, high on the hog. His bristles and hooves were clean, his eyes shone brightly and he was as happy as a pig in - well, you know. And much to the other pig's surprise, he had a pretty red collar around his neck, something none of them had ever seen before.

"Wherever have you been Andy?" the other pigs asked. "We looked everywhere for you."

"Oh, I can't wait to tell you", said Andy. "I've discovered something wonderful."

"You know, I was chasing down some berries I smelt over by the oak trees over by our eastern border, you know the place. Well I ended up going a little past our bounds and what bad luck! I wasn't paying attention and got my left rear trotter lodged in a tree root."

"I tried and tried, but I couldn't get free and I thought I might die there. But then the most marvelous thing happened. A man heard my squealing, came through the underbrush and set me free."

Now, the pigs had heard of men before, but only in their pig legends that dated long before they had moved to their present remote home. Some pigs wondered if they even existed. And now, here was Andy telling them he'd actually seen one!

"I was still injured, so the man took me back with him to an amazing place called a Farm. I couldn't believe what I saw there. There are fields loaded with food and grain, and all kinds of different animals living there in peace and plenty. I lived in a large, warm den called a barn, with straw for my bed and the very best of food.No sleeping out of doors for this pig! And do you know what I had this morning? Apples! And corn mash! You can't believe how good it tastes compared to the berries, roots and acorns we live on here - and free, every day, without me having to go out and find it."

"The man - I call him my Dear Farmer - gave me this red collar and made me his pet. He knew I came from a tribe of wild pigs in the area somewhere, and I overheard him say to one of the other men that he was going to let me go near where he found me to see if I would be able to lead him to the other pigs. He wants us all to come live there on the Farm, can you believe it?"

Needless to say, the other pigs were astounded. And as they began discussing this on their own, various differences emerged between them on what they should do.



More at the link.

In our non-Council category, the winner was the one and only Sarah Palin with What The President Didn't See From Alaska submitted by Joshuapundit. The governor hasn't lost her touch in the least, and reading this will make you reflect how different the state of America and the world would be right now if she were in the Oval Office instead of the creature whom now inhabits it.

Here are this week’s full results:

Council Winners

Non-Council Winners


See you next week!

Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every  Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks' nominees for Weasel of the Week!

And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.

It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher's Council content.

And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that, y'know?

No comments: